What are dental implants?
Implant dentistry aims at replacing the root portion of a missing or damaged tooth with metal restorations that prevent bone loss and mirror the color of the rest of your teeth. The implant can therefore fit neatly into the gap without any concerns about cavities.
Periodontists at Trident Smiles Dental will plan out your treatment based on the type of implants and the condition of your jawbone and fit the replacement teeth in a solid position. Implants can meet your needs whether you’re missing all, a few, or only one of your teeth.
Who needs a dental implant?
You might need a dental implant if you lose a tooth due to:
- Root fracture
- Gum disease
Teeth implants could also help when a tooth is damaged beyond repair:
- Chipped teeth with a severe damage
- Infection due to a periodontal disease
- Dentures that don’t fit
- Jawbone deterioration
What are the benefits of dental implant surgery?
- Prevents bone deterioration: As teeth are lost, bone mass in the jaw goes along with it. Dental implants are the only tooth replacement method that helps prevent bone loss by enabling jaw bone stimulation.
- Mirrors the color of your natural teeth: Oral surgeons will work to create implants that match the color of your teeth. They look so real that only you and your dentist will be able to distinguish them.
- Restore bite force: Dental implants are secured in your jaw with a titanium post that substitutes the tooth root. It enables you to chew with roughly the same force as you would with your natural teeth.
- No more cavities: Artificial teeth should still be maintained to prevent bacteria from accumulating in your mouth and creating infections; however, dental implants are constructed of a material that cannot decay.
- Easy to maintain: Dental care with implants can remain the same and doesn’t require the purchase of any particular products. Post-procedure, you may continue with your normal routine of brushing and flossing.
- Adjacent teeth are supported: A missing tooth can force the teeth on each side of the gap to shift, causing dislocation. Dental implants bridge the gap, letting you keep your smile straight and even.
- A permanent and workable solution for tooth loss: Other tooth replacement methods might need to be corrected or renewed on a regular basis, whereas dental implants are built and fixed to last a lifetime.
Why choose our dental implant services?
In addition to being a renowned dental office in Sunnyvale California, we know the importance of an implant dentistry treatment plan. Our extensive experience will make all the difference to get your confident smile back.
At Trident, healthy teeth come with a top hotel-style service and private treatment rooms. Enjoy hot towels, massage chair, Netflix and a soothing beach décor.
We are proud to have Dr.Kim among our team of experts. Dr. Kim is an implant specialist, with a feat of having successfully conducted more than 500 implant procedures.
Let's not forget
We provide the most hygienic and sterile environment by enforcing preventative measures.
Book an appointment with the best dental implants specialist in Sunnyvale, CA
Dental Implant Prosthetics can improve your quality of life and fulfill your functional and cosmetic needs. Our team of specialists will welcome new patients, assess their dental problem and advise an adequate treatment solution. From booking to post dental implant care, a top implant dentist in Sunnyvale will assist you during the whole process.
If you're not sure whether you would be a good candidate for implants, you don’t have to worry. All you need to do is book a consultation for a check-up and we will take care of the rest.
Your dentist will perform x-rays, personalize a treatment plan just for you and discuss your insurance and payment options so you don’t have to worry about any unexpected fees.
The procedure is now successfully done!
Make sure to follow the instructions we share with you on how to take care of your oral health and your new dental implant.
Visit Trident Smiles Dental in Sunnyvale, CA
Start your implant dentistry journey by scheduling a consultation. If you are located anywhere near San Jose, Santa Clara, Mountain view or Cupertino, you are actually a few miles away from Trident Smiles Dental. We are looking forward to seeing you, so drop by for a visit!
Trident Smiles Dental
Address: 681 Tasman Dr, Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Hours: Monday - Friday: 9AM - 6PM
Phone: (408) 505-1777
What clients say about our tooth implant treatments in Sunnyvale, CA
An implant placement might be the best solution for a missing tooth when done correctly, and with proper care. It can actually last a lifetime. Here’s what some of our clients had to say: